Tag Archive | Alcohol Ink

Tesla Inspired Wall Art

another prima wooden box

This was created for a friend’s Husband.

I absolutely love the wooden boxes Prima put some of their accessories in now they are fantastic to recycled into these little art pieces.

I covered this one in Tissue tape, then Matt Multi Medium followed by some Alcohol ink. I think you will agree it comes up a treat.

Then it was a matter of playing around and choosing bits to see what would go where and then sticking it all down.

Of course most of this is Idea – ology with a few watch parts and other random bits thrown in,

I really love how these turn out just wish I had more of the little wooden trays.

Advertisements

12 Tags of 2014 – September

I was so excited when I saw this Months tag Tim Holtz is really bringing some colour and fun into the tag this month with what is a huge symbol in my life Butterflies. And better yet I actually had all the right product to do my own take on this months tag.

I am super happy with how it turned out, the only thing being that the pic does not show up the Alcohol Ink background technique,

When I saw the original tag I knew I had to have a play, making fluttering butterflies has been a staple of my crafting since I first began my tentative steps into the wonderful world of papercrafting. In fact I was heartbroken last year when my favorite butterfly punch (I own very few punches as I really do not use them much but this one I used a lot) died it was only $2 and I got a good 8 years out of it so not to bad at all anyway The New Butterfly frenzy die makes me very happy as it is much easier to use than a punch and gives loads of shapes and sizes.

So here is my Tag, I decided I wanted to use my New French Flight Framelits and Stamp Set and so below is my take on this Months tag 🙂

Eiffle Butterfly 1

A Birthday Card

Tiana Card

Forgive the pic I struggle to get good photos with Acetate. This is a card I made for my youngest Nieces Birthday earlier this month.

I used Kaisers Wonderland Acetate hand coloured with Alcohol ink. Add in a home made misted background, and a die cut happy birthday and viola a card is born.

I have to say in all honesty I was not 100% happy with it but as my niece absolutely loved her card I am happy she loved it :).

12 Tags of 2013 – October Journal

I really had fun with this even though I do not own any of the new distress glitter, apart from rock candy which I used on My Skull.

Tims Tag

I love the whole Halloween theme even if it is not such a big deal over here in the Land Down Under.

So even though there are other themes I could have picked like birthdays (Mine was the 16th) or spring, I chose to stick to the All Hallows eve theme

here it is:
 photo 12tagsoctober_zps617eb729.jpg

I started off with Dusty Concord and Frayed Burlap distress stains for my sky and dirt.

 

And of course used Tim’s favorite technique spritz and flick (I kinda love it to)

Then used versamark watermark ink pad to cover about 1/4 of the dirt at a time, poured over vintage photo distress embossing powder (am sure you all know how to use embossing powder if not give me a heads up and I will add a tutorial) heated and repeated this till I had the lot covered, rubbed it to get rid of the release crystals and that is how I created my dirt.

All the die cuts are Cuttlebug cut and emboss dies though I only Embossed the Halloween sign.

I painted the Graves Black (all dies are cut from some recycled packaging) then added some glossy accents and covered them in my fav black glitter Martha Stewarts Black Onyx.

I hand cut the moon, painted it in Cool Peri paint dabber, dried it, added on a smidge of black alcohol ink to add a bit of texture but it was a bit much so went over it with Pearl Mixative and the result is what you see on my page (Have to say I really love my skull moon)

The skull I left the natural colour of the packaging, added a teeny bit of black soot distress paint around the edges covered in glossy accents and glittered in Rock Candy Dry Stickles.

The Halloween sign I painted with Ripe Persimmon Distress stain and added some black soot distress paint  and a spritz or two of water to give it that sort of spooky look.

then using one of my fav Inkadinkado stamps the corner spiderweb inked in Black soot Distress ink and stamped into the page corners, then I spritzed with water to give them that sort of faded in smudgy look.

Lastly I took some Liquid pearls and added in the RIP, October (admittedly not very well I need to practice writing with these I think) and smudged a little at the bottom of the graves to look a bit like grass.

 

And thats it there isn’t anymore. As Tim’s post was all about glitter I did do all the graves glittered and the Skull I also had a lot of fun

Have to say really love the Distress embossing powder dirt will certainly use it again.