So after reading the PDF’s I rushed off to experiment and as usual got my instructions and things confused along the way but thought would share them anyway
The first two are tags I did stamping with versamark (sorry not a fan of perfect medium I know I know but for me versa is the better choice to each their own) also wanted to see what these would look like on black cardstock
with a stain background
on black background
and with Perfect pearls splattered onto the dry background then misted and heat gunned have to say totally loved this as it set the pearls with some texture and a bit 3d and as they were misted with water and heat set they have stayed put will be using this in my art journal in the near future
Now I was never sold on these until I got some from a friend and have had a play. Now it will not make me give away my pearl ex away as I can honestly see the benefits of both not to mention love having the different colours. (Mind you my perfect pearls collection is limited to 3 at present)
So to today’s techniques
Perfect Mists (made up with distress ink and perfect pearls in a mini mister)
Perfect splatter distress well wrinkle free forgot to splatter
Have to say had a bit of a challenge with the canvas technique as I do not own any sticky back canvas and thought (somewhat foolishly it seems) that I could use the offcut of artist canvas I got from a local art store. Unfortunately did not know it was not primed and could not work out why it was not working for me. (Insert trumpet sounds here like the riding to the rescue sort) Along comes a good friend who points out the Monte Marte Canvas pad is the same a sticky back canvas, though not as thick as the artist canvas it is also pre primed. It worked and I was able to pull off the resist technique without a hitch upon using the Canvas Pad.
Also wish my rock candy crackle paint was a little less watery. However onto the tags
Now you will note I have skipped a day, I am still not quite vibing with distress markers (have two so that may be why or just not quite in the right headspace as yet). So I know I will go back to that lesson and the tags at some point however I love to emboss and some lessons come easier than others. My embossing tags seemed to fall into place so easily. I adore the faux rust technique, cannot wait to have a craft iron that will take off the embossing powder for the batik look and love how my distress embossed tag turned out (not to self always shake the distress embossing powder)
And the first week is caught up on. You may notice my blog posts are short and sweet at the moment. There are two reasons for this one I am sick as with an infection at the moment and two we are not allowed to share the techniques we learn in class on our blogs and such as it is such a cheap class and you get lifetime access to it. It would not be fair to do so.
Anyway onto day 5
Stained Kraft Resist Technique- now at present I do not own any Kraft resist, so what is a girl to do? Exactly what I did for 12 tags make my own. Now as T!m says the Kraft resist is able to be heated. The same can’t be said for the home made version! My advice is DO NOT REHEAT IT! Have patience and actually allow your tag time to dry between coats.
Stamping with Stains
And finally for week 1 Marbled stains (not to happy with my stamping on this one as it did not turn out fully stamped I will in all likely hood at some point re do this tag)
It was fun playing on day 3. The only problem I had is that the only glossy card stock I have is in thin strips but as usual I tend to make the most of what I do have.
Alcohol Inks Agate technique
Archival Resist Technique- only having one colour of Archival ink Jet Black I had to improvise so used TPC’s ink cubes designed specifically for acrylic stamps (I so want the full pads of quite a few of the colours I adore these inks). Lucky for me it worked. Then I went a smidge nuts with some rock star stamps because I had not used them before.
Stamping with reflections- Unfortunately I do not own any reflections stamps as yet, or many embossing folders that have free space. However am still quite pleased with how my version of this turned out even if I had to make a different size tag to accommodate my effort