Our local Craft and sewing store Spotlight (explination added for non Aussies who read my blog) had Kaisers paper pads marked down to $7.50 each so I decided to pick up two of them one being Chapter one to help me step out of my comfort zone, and the second Needle and thread because I love it so much. That trip also yeilded as always a few really cool bargains, one of which was two packets of 6 paper mache matchboxes for just $1 each.
A couple of days after I got my new stash home I was talking to a friend on the phone and started playing. This is what I created. Adding in a vintage pattern paper flower (cut from Carnation Creations), and a little misted Tissue paper. Their was no purpose to this project it really just was one of those ones that flowed and happened on the spot so to speak.
I started by covering the matchbox and making my flower, then misting the lot with one of my homemade mists. I use my Martha Stewart score board to get the paper to the right size it saves lots of fiddling around and means you can pre score your corners and other fold lines. I have taken to using it in place of my paper trimmer even as I find it easier and love the distressed edge you get.
I then covered the inside bit of the matchbox, misted some tissue paper, and created a template for the top part of the dress from a scrap of cardstock, covered it in the same paper I had used for the sides of the matchbox and scrunched the tissue paper around this to form the skirt. I then added some pearls. Decided where I wanted the dress in the box and viola a wee project completed.