This one was a bit of a challenge for me as I just don’t have a lot of the sort of stamps that are suitable, however this buzz and bloom set and distress ink seemed to work well together. Thinking this will be my Mother’s birthday card this year.
I really had fun with this even though I do not own any of the new distress glitter, apart from rock candy which I used on My Skull.
I love the whole Halloween theme even if it is not such a big deal over here in the Land Down Under.
So even though there are other themes I could have picked like birthdays (Mine was the 16th) or spring, I chose to stick to the All Hallows eve theme
I started off with Dusty Concord and Frayed Burlap distress stains for my sky and dirt.
And of course used Tim’s favorite technique spritz and flick (I kinda love it to)
Then used versamark watermark ink pad to cover about 1/4 of the dirt at a time, poured over vintage photo distress embossing powder (am sure you all know how to use embossing powder if not give me a heads up and I will add a tutorial) heated and repeated this till I had the lot covered, rubbed it to get rid of the release crystals and that is how I created my dirt.
All the die cuts are Cuttlebug cut and emboss dies though I only Embossed the Halloween sign.
I painted the Graves Black (all dies are cut from some recycled packaging) then added some glossy accents and covered them in my fav black glitter Martha Stewarts Black Onyx.
I hand cut the moon, painted it in Cool Peri paint dabber, dried it, added on a smidge of black alcohol ink to add a bit of texture but it was a bit much so went over it with Pearl Mixative and the result is what you see on my page (Have to say I really love my skull moon)
The skull I left the natural colour of the packaging, added a teeny bit of black soot distress paint around the edges covered in glossy accents and glittered in Rock Candy Dry Stickles.
The Halloween sign I painted with Ripe Persimmon Distress stain and added some black soot distress paint and a spritz or two of water to give it that sort of spooky look.
then using one of my fav Inkadinkado stamps the corner spiderweb inked in Black soot Distress ink and stamped into the page corners, then I spritzed with water to give them that sort of faded in smudgy look.
Lastly I took some Liquid pearls and added in the RIP, October (admittedly not very well I need to practice writing with these I think) and smudged a little at the bottom of the graves to look a bit like grass.
And thats it there isn’t anymore. As Tim’s post was all about glitter I did do all the graves glittered and the Skull I also had a lot of fun
Have to say really love the Distress embossing powder dirt will certainly use it again.