Tag Archive | Blending Tool

SYD D Day 3 – Card 3

SYD_participant

Soo I am falling a bit behind, however today was one of those hours and hours sorting and putting away craft supplies kind of days (Thank Goodness for the Game of Thrones Season 3 Marathon). Though I did Manage to do this Day 3 Card

Ingredients: Sizzix Triplets Balloon Die(Heart), Memory Box die Sideshow Tickets, Big Shot, Memory Box Modern Cloud Cover Stencil (I need to practice the layering clouds thing most of mine seem to have got a bit lost), Ink Blending Tool, Distress Water Colour paper, Hero Arts Stamp Set ‘Happy Day Animals’, Archival Ink in Jet Black, Doodlebug Twine in Cupcake, and Nail Art Nail heads (I think they are called).

happy everything

STD Day 4- Card 1 A

SYD_participant

I really do not own many itty bitty mini dies, but am certainly wishing I did, however I do really love how the dresses turned out (apart from the creases in the paper def need to find my other cutting pad)

Ingredients: Peacock Feathers DIstress Ink, Glossy Paper, Paper Smooches Large Word Die ‘Friend’, DieNamics Dress Die ‘Taylor’, and an Ink Blending Tool

dress 1

Tesla Inspired Wall Art

another prima wooden box

This was created for a friend’s Husband.

I absolutely love the wooden boxes Prima put some of their accessories in now they are fantastic to recycled into these little art pieces.

I covered this one in Tissue tape, then Matt Multi Medium followed by some Alcohol ink. I think you will agree it comes up a treat.

Then it was a matter of playing around and choosing bits to see what would go where and then sticking it all down.

Of course most of this is Idea – ology with a few watch parts and other random bits thrown in,

I really love how these turn out just wish I had more of the little wooden trays.

12 Tags of 2014 – September

I was so excited when I saw this Months tag Tim Holtz is really bringing some colour and fun into the tag this month with what is a huge symbol in my life Butterflies. And better yet I actually had all the right product to do my own take on this months tag.

I am super happy with how it turned out, the only thing being that the pic does not show up the Alcohol Ink background technique,

When I saw the original tag I knew I had to have a play, making fluttering butterflies has been a staple of my crafting since I first began my tentative steps into the wonderful world of papercrafting. In fact I was heartbroken last year when my favorite butterfly punch (I own very few punches as I really do not use them much but this one I used a lot) died it was only $2 and I got a good 8 years out of it so not to bad at all anyway The New Butterfly frenzy die makes me very happy as it is much easier to use than a punch and gives loads of shapes and sizes.

So here is my Tag, I decided I wanted to use my New French Flight Framelits and Stamp Set and so below is my take on this Months tag 🙂

Eiffle Butterfly 1

A Quick Card.

I got a text message the other day, the kind every crafter dreads, you know the one just wondering if you could whip up a card for someone who is leaving.

Making my card stash null and void as there needed to be a lot of space to write in.

So here is what I came up with based on what was close to hand and in about 30mins
A Quick Card photo KymsCard_zps868d8360.jpg

I automatically thought of the Tim Holtz Bird and Cage die as it looks good and is a quick way to take up a fair amount of room.

So I cut it out of some thin chipboard (recycled packaging). Inked the cage black and then embossed it with silver and used a technique we had learned in Creative Chemistry 102 to make it look a bit more tarnished and old (though I did not get to do it as much as I wanted to to get the look really happening)

I then inked the bird and it’s wing with some distress ink and set them aside, as you can see I was in such a hurry I did not even change my blending foam and some of the black got mottled into the other colour.

I grabbed one of my new hero arts background stamps inked it in one of my fav distress colours Peacock Feathers and spritzed the whole rubber stamp with water.

I stamped it (crookedly, but I will get to that in a moment)

and then blotted off the excess with a tissue.

I took I think it was worn paper or antique linen distress ink with my blending tool and covered the whole background with it as I felt the white was a bit to bright it also aged the Peacock feathers a little as well.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how I was going to get around the crooked background that did not quite cover the whole card, when my eyes caught sight of my tape container. So out came some Washi Style Tape and I used it around 3 of the edges to cover the crookedness and the blank space.

Glued on the bird added on the prima flowers and pearls and viola a card in under 30mins 🙂 I think some days I just get very lucky as a crafter as most of the stuff was pretty close to hand.