Tag Archive | Peacock Feathers

12 Tags of 2014 – July

I know cutting it fine yet again….

I have had this almost finished for about a week but was stuck on what I wanted the finishing touches to be.

There were so many awesome techniques it was hard to decide what I wanted to do.

Click here to see the original and to learn the techniques

I used some plastic packaging, the Cracked embossing folder, Peacock feathers distress – ink, paint, stain and marker (I know), silver distress paint, A muse token, the paper twine in striped, rock candy crackle, milled lavender stain and paint, Worn Lipstick (I think) paint, Picked Raspberry Marker, Mini Gears and a wing from that Idea-ology set as well as grungeboard from a basics plain set (the heart and wing), film strip ribbon, and Linen ribbon (I know my how my stash has grown). I also used the Spritzer and my new fav go to must have tool wish I had had one sooner the Tiny Attatcher.

Here is my Tag

july tag

It is funny how things that look so simple can be so involved I used the paint and stain technique for the background tag, the embossed plastic, the stained crackle (although mine does not show as much), the outlining with a distress marker though I slightly blended it for the look I wanted). The only technique I have yet to try is the making of my own sand and that is on my list to try at some point I have an idea in mind for it actually.

So that is my Tag for July wonder what August will bring 🙂

Advertisements

A Quick Card.

I got a text message the other day, the kind every crafter dreads, you know the one just wondering if you could whip up a card for someone who is leaving.

Making my card stash null and void as there needed to be a lot of space to write in.

So here is what I came up with based on what was close to hand and in about 30mins
A Quick Card photo KymsCard_zps868d8360.jpg

I automatically thought of the Tim Holtz Bird and Cage die as it looks good and is a quick way to take up a fair amount of room.

So I cut it out of some thin chipboard (recycled packaging). Inked the cage black and then embossed it with silver and used a technique we had learned in Creative Chemistry 102 to make it look a bit more tarnished and old (though I did not get to do it as much as I wanted to to get the look really happening)

I then inked the bird and it’s wing with some distress ink and set them aside, as you can see I was in such a hurry I did not even change my blending foam and some of the black got mottled into the other colour.

I grabbed one of my new hero arts background stamps inked it in one of my fav distress colours Peacock Feathers and spritzed the whole rubber stamp with water.

I stamped it (crookedly, but I will get to that in a moment)

and then blotted off the excess with a tissue.

I took I think it was worn paper or antique linen distress ink with my blending tool and covered the whole background with it as I felt the white was a bit to bright it also aged the Peacock feathers a little as well.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how I was going to get around the crooked background that did not quite cover the whole card, when my eyes caught sight of my tape container. So out came some Washi Style Tape and I used it around 3 of the edges to cover the crookedness and the blank space.

Glued on the bird added on the prima flowers and pearls and viola a card in under 30mins 🙂 I think some days I just get very lucky as a crafter as most of the stuff was pretty close to hand.