I created a strip that when I looked at it ended up being better for two cards so I used the same technique and did two diff cards 😀
I got a text message the other day, the kind every crafter dreads, you know the one just wondering if you could whip up a card for someone who is leaving.
Making my card stash null and void as there needed to be a lot of space to write in.
I automatically thought of the Tim Holtz Bird and Cage die as it looks good and is a quick way to take up a fair amount of room.
So I cut it out of some thin chipboard (recycled packaging). Inked the cage black and then embossed it with silver and used a technique we had learned in Creative Chemistry 102 to make it look a bit more tarnished and old (though I did not get to do it as much as I wanted to to get the look really happening)
I then inked the bird and it’s wing with some distress ink and set them aside, as you can see I was in such a hurry I did not even change my blending foam and some of the black got mottled into the other colour.
I grabbed one of my new hero arts background stamps inked it in one of my fav distress colours Peacock Feathers and spritzed the whole rubber stamp with water.
I stamped it (crookedly, but I will get to that in a moment)
and then blotted off the excess with a tissue.
I took I think it was worn paper or antique linen distress ink with my blending tool and covered the whole background with it as I felt the white was a bit to bright it also aged the Peacock feathers a little as well.
It took me a few minutes to figure out how I was going to get around the crooked background that did not quite cover the whole card, when my eyes caught sight of my tape container. So out came some Washi Style Tape and I used it around 3 of the edges to cover the crookedness and the blank space.
Glued on the bird added on the prima flowers and pearls and viola a card in under 30mins 🙂 I think some days I just get very lucky as a crafter as most of the stuff was pretty close to hand.