Tag Archive | Paper string

12 Tags of 2014- August

It is that time of the Month again 🙂 Time to Share my Take on Tim’s Tag.

 

Have to say I really loved working with the Ranger Texture Paste, I have used impasto, modelling paste, gel medium and even Embossing paste all have their good and bad points but I have to say the Ranger Texture Paste is so quick and simple and easy to remove mostly cause it does not coat onto the outside of your stencils the way others do.

 

Anyway I did leave out one element and that was further stamping my tag which by the time I realised it was just far to late so I left well enough alone.

 

August tag

Advertisements

SYS2 Day8- Card 5

SYS2_participant

I think this turned out pretty with the addition of some paper string I got at a local cheapie shop. The Sentiment says Happy Valentines day in teeny writing so not the easiest to see.

hearts

12 Tags of 2014 – July

I know cutting it fine yet again….

I have had this almost finished for about a week but was stuck on what I wanted the finishing touches to be.

There were so many awesome techniques it was hard to decide what I wanted to do.

Click here to see the original and to learn the techniques

I used some plastic packaging, the Cracked embossing folder, Peacock feathers distress – ink, paint, stain and marker (I know), silver distress paint, A muse token, the paper twine in striped, rock candy crackle, milled lavender stain and paint, Worn Lipstick (I think) paint, Picked Raspberry Marker, Mini Gears and a wing from that Idea-ology set as well as grungeboard from a basics plain set (the heart and wing), film strip ribbon, and Linen ribbon (I know my how my stash has grown). I also used the Spritzer and my new fav go to must have tool wish I had had one sooner the Tiny Attatcher.

Here is my Tag

july tag

It is funny how things that look so simple can be so involved I used the paint and stain technique for the background tag, the embossed plastic, the stained crackle (although mine does not show as much), the outlining with a distress marker though I slightly blended it for the look I wanted). The only technique I have yet to try is the making of my own sand and that is on my list to try at some point I have an idea in mind for it actually.

So that is my Tag for July wonder what August will bring 🙂

12 Tags of 2014 – April

My life seems to have turned into a juggling act where I feel like I am on a bit of a treadmill always trying to catch up.

So today I took some me crafting time to do my Tag for this month, sadly I do not as yet have any of the new dies, cork sheeting or Tattered Pinecone die (believe me it has been on my wishlist for a while now)

 

Tim’s Tag showcases 3 techniques this month, the first with Distress Paint and tissue tape, one with the new dies, and the last with the tattered pinecone rose.

So I had to get really creative with it. I like to include at least 2 of techniques that we have been taught.

 

Here is My tag

 

My Tak on Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014

My Tak on Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014

I started with the background and used stormy Sky Distress Paint and a mix of the blue inks and ye olde vintage photo, the paint does not stand out as much as I got a bit confused and forgot to mist before I set them oh well live and learn I am still really happy with the finished product so all good.

I then Die cut a Quickutz boarder die I have out of thin chipboard as well as some pattern paper and a piece of mirrored sheeting to fill in some of the hearts. I used my blending tool with vintage photo on the patter paper (which is from the Prima Pad Almanac) and misted it to tone it back down. I also painted stormy sky onto the thin chip and blended a little vintage photo over the top.

I coloured some Crinkle ribbon with my blending tool and misted it, dried it and added it along the bottom with a tag, and some blue paper string. Along with an Idea o logy Key.

I then cut out some small royal roses from the same paper I used in the heart, added some vintage photo to the back and over the pattern as well as the edges. Decided where I wanted them

and Viola this months Tag. Well not quite it took me quite a long time to do I really struggle with tags. I don’t know why but I find them harder than making a card or layout. So what sounds simple actually took me a good few hours to sort out and execute.

A wedding Card

I am so happy to be able to share this with you based on this prima tutorial with my own spin ( I don’t own plain circle dies so used scallops and also did my own thing  with the rest of the card)

I made this card for a friend who is getting married she is using lilac as one of her colours and it is a garden wedding so I wanted the card to match in with the theme a little.

I also have to admit I did not look at the tutorial again once I started. Though I am really happy with my take on the card 🙂 and the Bride to be loved it as well and that is the most important thing.

So here are the pics

Closed Card

lanascardclosed

open
openencard

and a closer view of the inside

lanascardinside