I did the same glimmer screen just using Distress Paint instead
So here I am just waiting to remember to take photos for Adventures into doodling two and three when I remember I have two layouts and a card that I have yet to share with you all. They are all such polar opposites and really stretched my skills in some ways.
The first layout is from my niece’s birthday last year. Her favourite colours are Pink and Rainbow.
Now I am no stranger to pink and pretty. My first thought was cupcakes, with Impasto Icing and corrugated card patty cases. Of course with micro bead sprinkles. I also However I have had a lovely piece of Shimmery Ki memories Lace butterfly CS. I traced a circle onto the packaging paper and cut it out as one piece. I sat there looking at the clear packaging circle and thought oooh wonder what I can do with that. Some Staz on and a Kaiser stamp later I had a lovely acetate looking piece of hand stamped goodness (which also created an idea for faux rub ons and yes it is on my tutorial to do list). I really wanted to try a little painting on white cs, with a smidge of splatter. Add in some hand blinging of 3 stamped flourishes and a giant cupcake to hide the sour expression of someone else at the party and viola a layout is born. I have been working on my layering skills. Just because I like to stretch my skills and push my creative boundaries.
The second layout was a harder journey. I really will need to invest in more 3d flowers or learn to make them myself (budget scrapping can sometimes be a smidge painful full of wants but not always haves). For this I wanted to have a go at clustering. The thing I have learnt is that sometimes my mind is far too ordered. Although I am so happy with how my Layout of me from Kindergarten turned out (my aim is to have all my school photos scrapbooked by the end of the year). I can see that I definitely need more flowers and some other stuff to cluster with. Always a learning curve. I took the colours from the background flowers in this photo as well as the blue in the uniform. Added in some resin flowers, a big hand made one and a matching journaling tag complete with seam binding and jute. And here it is:
I had an idea after joining the girly grunge site for this card. Originally it was going to be for my DT application for Donna Salazar designs (perhaps next time). I was so happy with this Shabby Chic steam punk look. Along with the handmade recycled book flower butterflies and flowers. I cut in half a Tim Holtz cog that I had cut from plastic packaging, which if you look carefully form leaves of sort under my flowers. Just a little snow cap left to dry then inked over with a smidge of green. I totally adore just adding a hint of colour. This is where re inkers and cotton buds come in most handy. It is a simple technique dip your cotton bud into your re-inker and then gently apply on the edges you want colour. Use the clean side to clean off the excess and viola shabby chic. It also works well used with browns for an aged old worn look. So with the big Tim Holtz clock and the Sizzix locket die (all coated in triple thick with a smidge of iridescent medium). This idea was born. Totally love the background with a homemade pearl mist and glimmer screen. Not sure who will be the recipient of this card but I do hope they love it as much as I do. Especially as I parted with one of my Tattered Angels keys just to give it the extra oomph it needed.
So now you are caught up with my few scrapping endeavours this year. As always I look forward to being challenged and stepping out of my comfort zones. All whilst scrapping on a pretty small budget. Often I think that having a small budget has forced me to find ways to be creative that I may not have found if I had an endless stash of wonderful products to chose from. (although I would not complain at having more choices at all and can imagine I would be very happy in a well stocked studio of creativity and with everything at my fingertips yes a woman can dream)
drummmmrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllll please and the winner of a Bag of Mixed Die Cut recycled book flowers is…………………………….
Lucky Number 4 Alex Carr! Will be in touch to get your addy for your flowers Congratulations!
Today’s technique reminded me of one using glitter and Jac Paper. So inspired by Tim’s tag today these are a glitter version of a similar style background technique. You could also use flock instead of glitter.
Superfine glitter (Mine is stuff by David’s: Metallic Red and Moonlight Snow)
Mambi Softly spoken stickers from sugarplum collection
Felt and foil rub on’s
Festive Berries Distress Ink.
- Cover your tag with Jac Paper and trim to size
- Chose your glimmer screen, remove top piece off the Jac paper and press it down firmly being careful not to touch the exposed sticky bits
- Sprinkle over your glitter till the tag is covered
- Pick up the tag with the glimmer screen still attached and shake off excess glitter (put glitter back in container I use a piece of paper to glitter over to save mess and make for easy return of excess)
- Peel off your glimmer screen and sprinkle over your other colour of glitter then shake off excess. Yes it really is that simple and looks great when done. Here are two examples of the backgrounds I created reversing which order I did the colours in
- Add embellishments and viola tag done.