An idea popped into my head last night and would not leave.
Based on my very first blog tutorial here. Variagated recycled book flowers.
So here is the tutorial should you wish to watch the youtube video:
or if you preffer step by step instructions complete with pics go here
So being me and it being almost the 11th hour I had to try this with the tattered florals.
I had an ornament I never quite knew how I wanted to finish that I had experimented with clear gallery glass and pearl ex powder on the inside of.
I added some white paper twine around the top with some magic tape and a loop to hang the ornament.
Then used some glue dots to adhere the handmade scrunched tattered floral flowers around the outside of the glass bauble.
and from a slightly different angle
I had an idea when I was about to sort the flowers and dry them. I took out two pieces of white cs and placed the flowers over them. I misted the flowers and dabbed them off with paper towel pushing them down onto the cs
this is the results:
the best thing is I now have two pretty handmade background or even card bases and thus wasted less distress reinker 🙂
Yesterday I received a new commission from a friend. So it was spent finding my pattern book, cutting out a new pattern from the last of my templastic (only to find my supplier of bear stuff does not have it anymore), cutting out, prepping (for me this involved fray stoppering the edges, sewing the neck and paw pads in and pinning all the pieces ready for sewing), and I even managed to get the bears tummy sewn.
Today I had planned on sewing a lot more than I did, don’t get me wrong I sewed two legs and an arm and this is not a small bear we are talking about here it will be around 15″+ when he is finished.
However the parcel man dropped off a parcel that I couldn’t help myself I had to have a play. Today my pentel oil pastels arrived.
Like the first time I used my regular more chalk like pastels I am not quite sure how I feel about these yet. On one hand I love the richness of colour of using them on watercolour paper on the other my first attempt on regular art drawing paper whilst looks good I was not happy with how hard it was to work in and blend the colours.
So here is the first attempt on art paper. I created a sunset over water type background.
This pic is of the colours in the set on watercolour paper notice the richness and ease of how they blend as opposed to the art paper
And lastly my attempt to draw a weeping willow. I am not too sure about the tree however I love the shimmery effect I managed to create in the water and the tones of the sky as well.
Considering I only did these as quick probably less than an hour each drawings my intent was to play and see how the pastels layer and such. It is interesting how used to my more chalk like pastels I have become as the oil pastels feel weird to me. I am looking forward to combining them with my soft charcoal and pulling out my art journal perhaps on the weekend.