With some spooky halloween ATC’s for a swap at Jellybean Scrappers.
It is funny I love these but the pics do not do the justice then I also saw some of the amazing and sophisticated ones others did and was like hmm mine feel a bit amature then I remember I also do not have the hugest stash and I always make the most of what I have plus. I really am happy with how unique these are and they took so much work and I enjoyed making them all so much.
Take special note of the ‘dirt’ it took a lot of effort, an expresso paint dabber, some plastic and a craft knife to scrape the paint off the plastic but I really love how it turned out.
The first is aptly titled ‘Trick or Treat’ and I love that I got to use my wee 1″ paper bag die
The Second I used the Tim Holtz Foil tape technique and grunged up the CB cut and emboss grave titled “Alas Poor Yorick” (cutting that skull in half was a beep totally worth it however any scrapping companies out there seriously some half skulls ie just the front would rock)
and the last one I have to say I really wanted the arm to look zombie like so went totally ott with the alco inks (like I did on all the skeleton bits). I also used a Vintaj embossing folder I have with some cheap thin tags I got from a local discount store. Alcohol inks and Triple thick. The background is painted with distress re inkers. And this one has a really neat trick to it
So the original
and without the pendant thats right the spooky tree tag can be taken off and worn or used on something else.
and thats the Halloween ATC’s it was such fun playing with less pretty darker things for a change.
Recently I joined in an ATC Swap at Jellybean Scrappers with the title of tea for two.
I knew straight away what two stamps I would use. Thanks to my first real stamping purchase some time ago being the big See D’s box set I had a lovely victorian teapot and cup stamps.
I had also just gotten some Neenah cs to try for colouring. So the first part was whilst time consuming considering we needed to make 9 ATC’s. Lots of stamping and hand colouring.
I wanted to add the gold to the edges as well so I used a technique that I love that uses a Zig writer with pearl ex powder. It takes a bit of time as you need to keep re dipping the tip of the Pen into the Pearl ex. However I really love the effect and also thinks it adds that old set of china look to the finished product. Mixed a little Tea Die Distress re-inker with some triple thick to get the look of tea in a cup.
Added in some K n Co Paper that reminded me a bit of faded wallpaper and here is the finished ATC
It is such a shame I do not have more pics to share with you all but looking through my photobucket I have these four ATC’s (artist trading cards for non arty/crafty types)
The first two I want to share with you are some of my first when my stash was very small (I mean it fit into less than one tote bag small).
One of my first phases was Walnut Ink and aging things so that is the first ATC I want to share with you
the second had a theme of exotic animals, thank goodness I had the two giraffe’s in a stash of stamped images from a swap as I had no idea what else I could have done at that time.
The next is another early one with the theme of Red, Black and White.
and lastly the last ATC I created (before joining in a recent swap on Jelly Bean Scrappers) this one took quite a bit of time, as each piece of the sunset is a different handmade paper layered over each other, you need to wet it to get the rough type of edge and I really love the way the Tim Holtz stamp of the birds fits it.
when the Ladies all receive their ATC’s I will share the ones I have been working on over the weekend and today (Lots of stamping, hand colouring, using a favorite pearl ex technique and fussy cutting, not to mention inking…..)
Another month full of Wonderful challenges over at
The Layout challenge I won was a little different. First you needed to create at least 3 ATC’s (Artist Trading Cards for those of you who have not encountered these wee works of art as yet) and then use them on a Layout. I did two lots of ATC’s for this challenge the first the cute little fairies that I have been playing with in watercolours, however they did not fit into the background I created being so bright and colourful and the background turned out more muted.
So I put my thinking cap on and pulled out my Papermania Midnight Fairies stamps. And this is the result. (add in some Winsor and Newton watercolours and some smooch pearlised accents and Inkadinkado bird stamps)What I love about this is that it allowed me to mix in Art with Scrapbooking and yet still keep it mostly a watercolour picture that blends in stamping and painting.
Here is the Layout (I also used some home made glaze over the watercolour on the water to give the water a shiny effect)
I am so excited that this Layout won a prize because it took so much work to get it just right. I was such a wonderful challenge because it did just that challenged me and pushed me out of my comfort zones always a great thing creatively!