Archives

A little bit of Girlie Grunge Fairy Magic

This months challenge over at Girlie Grunge (see my sidebar for the link) is to create a gift using Donna Salazar Products.

As my blog readers know I recently purchased the Rose and Carnation Creation dies. I have been playing with making flowers from different types of papers and the Comb I created won not only Artist of the Month on the Girlie Grunge site but also the August Colour Challenge on Jelly Bean Scrappers for which it was created. Rather exciting stuff.

Anyway I bought a wand from our local and rather awesome cheapie shop called Jolly Ollies (they often have a lot of crafty things that are really good quality at very low prices) so I got the plain wooden wand.

I painted it with a combination of paint dabbers, used some impasto over a glimmer screen to create the raised bits. Used some glossy accents over them and sprinkled on the glitter and Made the rose in the center with The Rose Creations Dies and some plain brown paper. Which I again used the paint dabbers on (2 shades of pinks and a smidge of white) before dabbing on a little glue and glittering the flower (I did the same thing for all the flowers in the circlet)

Next I used some ribbon and criss crossed it down the handle of the wand like ballet slippers (how cute would this be for a flower girl) and misted some tulle with Smooch Spritz in Pralines and Cream. Tore it into strips and knotted it around the wand.

To make the circlet I started with some beading wire plated together and then formed into a circle. Built up layers of tulle (also misted with pralines and cream smooch spritz). Wrapping them around to build up a base for the flowers to be attatched to and also to create a little bit of hanging detail at the back. The wrapped around some pearl trim, and ribbon. Attatched the flowers by adding wire to the back of the brads and twisting it around the circlet. The butterflies were created with brown paper and wire (make circles all the same size, attatch two together and cover in brown paper till you have built up around 4-6 layers, let dry then cut around the edges of the wire, paint and glitter) and viola a very sweet gift for one very lucky little girl ­čÖé

So here it is :

The set together

Photobucket

a close up of the star part of the wand so you can see the detail better

Photobucket

and two closer pics of the circlet from different sides

Photobucket

Photobucket

and that’s all there is there isn’t anymore (for now)

Entered into

Simon Says Stamp and Show Glitter Week

and

Girlie Grunges September Challenge

A Winning Card

Yes Colour me excited Not only did I win a layout challenge for June I won an Inspiration Challenge with a card I made

The DT at Photobucket Deserve a lot of the credit here because they are amazing and always provide interesting and inspiring challenges

We were given a photo to inspire us that had a huge clock in it. I was already working on my Shabby chic cards for the Scraphappiness swap and what better way to combine both things than this card.

For anyone who doesn’t know it yet I adore most things Tim Holtz his large clock die (borrowed from my sister and cut out of recycled cereal packets and stockpiled in my die cut folder)is so versatile and looks great done in so many different ways. It was the basis for this card. The rest grew from there with some of my hand dyed recycled book flowers, some lace, a shrink plastic butterfly coloured with alcohol inks, pearl spray, and a wee silver Happy Birthday and you have A winning card. (Though given the quality of the work and talented bunch of women on that forum I truly do not know how they ever choose any winners)

Photobucket

Card Crazy

This has been a very busy few weeks, with two birthdays of Note My Eldest niece turned 16

here is the card I made for her. All the flowers are dipped in a hand made glaze using Distress Re-Inkers and triple thick with a bit of water added, then shaken off to remove excess. I really love the way it gives the flowers such an intense  colour.
Photobucket

The next card was a bit more of a challenge for me as I dont often do very Masculine cards. It was for my sisters boyfriend for his birthday. The Jollees Boutique sticker did most of the work, I did actually add more black around the edges of the card after this photo was taken but did not get to get a photo.

here is the card
Photobucket

The next two cards were for a Jelly Bean Scraps Challenge to use some Jigsaw Pieces we were sent on a card or cards the first card I stamped the pieces and the second I used them as a sort of mask and spritzed over them.

Here they are

Photobucket

Photobucket

and that’s all there is there isn’t anymore (for now)