So my first challenge was that I do not own the foil sheets, I did however some time ago find foil tape on ebay super cheap and have a roll of that. Yes its skinnier and took longer to cover the coaster, it also seems to scratch up easier.
Or perhaps that was my use of a green scourer rather than steel wool ( which I do not have any of at present).
It is quite funny actually I had such a different idea for my coaster originally. However I could not find my victorian Lady stamp and as I was looking I found the free stamp it stamp I was given at Artful Flight. Funny how that happens. I pulled out some white corrugated cardboard (purchased yesterday from a local cheapie shop), my little container of watch parts and just played.
I truly did not have a set idea in mind once I realised I could not find the stamp I wanted. So I really did just get inky and play.
The only thing I did differently with my background is after I scrubbed off some of the alcohol ink I also added a layer of Black Paint dabber then scratched it off using a paddle pop stick.
So enough rambling I am so excited to share my coaster with you all (the butterflies are mulberry paper ones I alcohol inked and then spritzed with a homemade pearl mist)
The quote is very Apt “Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art” Leonardo Da Vinci
Here is Tim’s Tag for this month, and I have to be honest it both excited and scared me. Though I had a lot of fun doing my coaster this month. (click image to be taken to the post and how to’s). (Moved so I can pin my coaster to pintrest)