As yet to be named this new little (and I do mean little at just 3” tall) Ballerina Bear turned out so well that I had to put all other things I have to share with you aside and share her.
She is truly one of the bears that show how much my scrapbooking supplies get used in my bear making.
Inspiration strikes sometimes in the strangest ways. Yesterday I was sorting and putting away my paper scraps (I have a folder where they all go sorted by colour so I can easily find what I may be looking for) when I came across a piece of tulle that I had hand dyed for the 12 tags of Christmas with Distress Re-inker Stormy Sky. I have always wanted to try making a no sew tutu and so in the midst of sorting out the paper scraps I chopped up the tulle, got a piece of cord and made a small tutu. I finished sorting the paper scraps but could not shake the idea that I needed to make a bearbie to go with the Tutu.
So I cut out a wee bear (the same pattern I used for the Tim bear on my last tag), prepped sewed, stuffed and jointed indeed this wee one would not let me sleep until she was fully stuffed with all her seams ladder stitched shut.
This afternoon it was more hand dying, of satin, flowers, and ribbon. So that she matched.
I looked at a prima say it in pearls I have with blue pearls and after I had made her leotard (of sorts) I tried a little of the pearls on her top. It really gives her somewhat of an Haute Couture look. Also used a couple of them for her earrings. Amazing what a little imagination can do.
So here she is ready to be adopted and go to a new home.
and lastly she takes a bow